Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birthdays Birthdays Birthdays!

For 3 months out of the year, there seems to be nothing but birthday stuff going on...those are March, July and May...  This week is another one of those weeks...  Yesterday was two of our good friend's birthdays, today is Matt's mom's birthday and next weekend is my father's birthday. Earlier in the month there were birthdays as well as Mother's day.... This all leads to a very tired Beth... Don't get me wrong, I love being able to celebrate people's birthdays...but sometimes it's tough when my world already seems to be moving at the speed of light. But I am happy to be celebrating rather than the week I had in my previous posting.

Due to said birthdays though, I have gotten to experience some good food and watch (or will watch at this point in my day) some movies...  Last night it was Sushi and Ramen, followed by the movie Thor, tonight it's dinner at the Ram and Pirates!  Although I am saddened by the fact that Orlando Bloom is no longer part of the franchise...I know those of you who are Johnny Depp lovers will disagree with me...but he does nothing for me. :)  Although...I must admit, he does look a lot better as Jack Sparrow than any other character he plays... although I believe he has an amazing acting talent!  Thor was alright...there were some funny parts, but I almost fell asleep during the first 45 min of the movie...hopefully the movie is setting up for something better to come.  I will give my report on Pirates after I have seen it.

I got to spoil myself a little bit yesterday...it's what happens when you combine sunshine (finally hit 70 degrees for the first time this year!) and pay day... I got myself a couple of shirts and a pair of shorts for an upcoming trip, as well as chop off my hair a little bit...it's shorter in the back than in the front...and my hair is naturally wavy so it wants to go all catawonky on me in the morning if I don't straighten it...but other than that, it looks alright...I like it... it gives me some volume and cuts down on the weight of my hair... LOL

I have an observation Monday- I am hoping it will lead to someone from the district to observe me and eventually post me in a school within the district...  I also got another interview!  That isn't until the 3rd of June and it is teaching 6th grade (home room stuff- religion, language arts, and humanities)... I have to admit I'm a little scared b/c I know nothing about the upper grades.  I mean I have taught in 4th-6th grades and I help to lead middle and high school youth groups....but as far as expectations and what to expect from them, I will have to learn that if I got the job.  I am excited and grateful for the opportunity to even interview...I'm getting more interviews this year for teaching than...well...ever. :)

Ok, I hope everyone "survives the rapture"... I still have 2 1/2 hours :)  ha ha ha  I figured since everyone else is talking about it, I had to mention it...I didn't even hear about this until last Monday.  People are strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment