Monday, June 4, 2012

Special Delivery

Tomorrow evening Matt and I will be attending an adoption info meeting at a local home for mothers who find themselves with child.  They must be at least 18 years old, commit to carrying the child to full term, and also must meet some other requirements.  They have support groups for before, during and after adoption and having a child, as well as support groups for grandmothers whose daughters have given their children up for adoption.  The house also helps to support mothers who decide to keep their children as well.

Last year, I, along with the help of my parish organized a 'baby shower' for Special Delivery, and were able to donate some much needed items for these mothers.  Again in February of this year, we also put together Shoe Boxes of Love, which held little lotions, soaps, gift cards, jewelry, note cards, etc in them...and we donated that to the mothers as well.  Little did I know at the time, we'd be attending one of their adoption seminars.

They are a Non-Profit Christian organization.  They do not charge for any of their services, however, we are still on our own with getting the home study complete.  Which reminds me, I still need to really research that... Anyways, we have had to fill out a bunch of papers and write narratives for this meeting already...They say that they keep our file on "file" and when birth mothers come to them, they try and match potential adoptive parents.   They even host an "adoption party" once the adoption is final...  I really hope that God is calling us down this path...and that we have a little one soon to call our very own.

I will write more about our meeting tomorrow.

On another note, I had a job interview today for teaching a 3rd grade gifted program.  I will hear on Friday...Keep us in your prayers, we really need them!

God Bless,
~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment