Monday, January 13, 2014

Re-Start

Well hello there!
It's been quite awhile since I have written here... I don't even know if anyone checks this site anymore...but nevertheless, I will still post something here.

Updates on my life...where to start... This time last year I was going through a lot.  End of 2012 and beginning of 2013 were not good for me.  From November 2012-February 2013, I experienced the loss of 8 people...one being that of my grandma, I was super close to her, and I still feel lost without her to talk to once and awhile, but I know that she is looking down on me from heave above.  The second hardest was a friend of mine from choir, who was murdered a few hours after I had seen her.  This happened a month after my grandma passed away and all the while I was just beginning my first long term sub assignment.  But God saw us through all of this.  Sometimes looking back on what all we went through last year, it's amazing to me to realize just how much did happen to us (pleasant and unpleasant).  
2013 was a great year for many reasons.  I turned 30 and had a wonderful surprise birthday party that my husband and one of my best friends teamed up to throw for me.  I was a little upset about turning 30, because in my mind; I haven't hit those "benchmarks" in life that I think I should have hit by now (permanent job, child(ren), home ownership, new car).  However, I am loving my 30's, I also believe that those things will come...and I can't believe I will be 31 in just two short months!

I also got to travel quite a bit this year.  In May, my mom, husband, mother-in-law and I traveled to Oregon for quick trip over Mother's Day weekend...it was a really good trip, something we all needed for ourselves at the time.  In July, I was able to take my mom and one of my best friends on a weekend trip to Leavenworth, WA.  We had a lot of fun, and we were able to visit some places we haven't been in awhile.  I also had the opportunity to take a couple of bigger trips this year.  

One of these trips was to San Francisco.  I was honored to be asked to be part of my friend Shai and Natalie's wedding party.  I got to serve as a groomswoman with some of my best guy friends I had growing up!  It was so great being able to hang out like we did while we were younger.  Reminded me of the good 'ol days...and looking back, was something I really needed at the time.  Even though some of us have moved away, or lost touch, it's amazing how things just went back to a comfortable safeness I haven't felt in a long time.  We reminisced, and laughed, celebrated and played...I was taken care of, and even though I was 1,000 miles away from my every day life and away from my husband; I felt at home.  Partly because I was with people who mean so much to me, but also partly because of Natalie and Shai...the fact that even though they were the ones getting married, they made sure everyone felt loved, appreciated, and like family.  Even though I am Shai's friend- I really felt like family to Natalie's family...I got to spend a lot of time with them and her friend (whom I stayed with)- and I was taken care of really well... words cannot express how appreciative I feel for that weekend.  It takes a special couple to bring everyone together, and keep everyone happy and to make everyone feel so welcome.  

But my FAVORITE trip of the year was going to Disneyland for New Years Eve!  We were able to take my  husband's mom as well.  She had never been to Southern California before, let alone Disneyland.  She was so cute!  She was so happy and excited the whole time, it didn't matter if we were waiting yet again in a ridiculously long line or taking pictures/conversing with a Disney Character.  It was a great trip for all of us, we spent about 13 hours/day in the park...and both of us got the sniffles, but it was worth it!  We even got to pilot the Mark Twain River Boat and take the 'Walk in Walt's Foot Step" tour and got to go into his Apartment above the firehouse.  I even got to wear my birthday button and everyone kept telling me happy birthday- Matt still does from time to time.  OOOh Also, at California Adventures you can take drawing classes for various characters.   Here are some pictures:







This past year I was also blessed with several long term sub assignments.  From January to May I had my first long term sub assignment.  In the summer I was offered another long term assignment that lasted from Aug till Dec.  Then I was blessed with another long term assignment right after that (which I am currently teaching now).  Getting closer to getting full time work, I can't wait, I can feel that maybe this year will be my year.

As far as my health, I have lost about 15lbs.  Matt and I joined Weight Watcher last May, and even though I haven't lost a ton of weight, it's fun to see the little ways my body seems healthier.  I am even thinking about joining a color run this year!  Me, who hates to run...but I've been getting excited about running as of late, but it's getting over that hump of actually getting out and doing it... ha!  Maybe if I something to work towards, I will be more motivated?

Hopefully we will be able to get a house soon, Lord knows how sick I am of the place we are renting right now...

This too shall pass...

I hope everyone is doing well!
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment