Friday, April 1, 2011

Jobs!

I have been so blessed lately!  And yes, exhausted...but that is mainly because I have been so busy with teaching jobs lately...I love it!  And I am so thankful and grateful for the opportunity to work...it is so life-giving, especially when you get to teach children.  I worked the past two days in the new school district and I really enjoyed myself...and I noticed how different the new district is from the one I usually sub in.  Very different worlds, but also very much the same.

It is spring break next week and I was really looking forward to taking some down time and just relaxing, but my summer time job called me and asked me if I would like to work a couple of days during their spring camp...Gladly I said yes...even though it means that I will have to give up on my rest a bit, but I have rested a lot this year while waiting for jobs!  By the time April 20th has come around I will have worked for almost 7 weeks straight with only one or two days off total... I'm getting requests from teachers that I have never heard of before or from schools I have never been at before.  It's such a compliment because it means that other teachers around the district are talking about me and recommending me to other teachers, and for that I am truly grateful and blessed.

I love subbing, but like I was explaining to my husband tonight it can be challenging... and not for the obvious reasons either... You see, where someone who has a set job they go to each day...like my husband does as an insurance broker...he knows what is expected for the most part...the knows the routine, he knows where he left off the day before and he knows for the most part what the end goal of the day will be (or at least the month... BONUS!)  For me, it's like that movie Groundhogs Day...I start every day... I go to a different school every day, teach a different grade/age group every day... I have to reassert myself every day and introduce myself and begin new every day...and some days that is really tough...especially when you want to just sleep in that day...or you don't feel that well yourself... Don't get me wrong though, I do love it and love that I have been working so much...it's just tough some days...and I want to be able to walk into MY class...and have them know I am working for them and putting their lesson plans together...oh well in the mean time I will keep taking pictures of things I like that other teachers do :)


Not doing much this weekend, grateful for an easy one...tomorrow I will be doing some running around with my mom before Matt and I will be babysitting for some good friends of ours!  I can't wait to play with the little munchkins! :) Then I will probably scrapbook some more :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment