Sunday, April 10, 2011

So this weekend didn't quite turn out as I thought it was going to, but that's alright.  We stayed close to home this weekend, and didn't go away like I hoped we would..and we didn't make it to the anniversary party...but that is okay.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed at first, but we decided to play it smart and not spend the night due to trying to save up for a house...and Matt was still feeling sick, so we opted not to go at all... However I was still upset...but I realized I was upset because of what spending a night away, together symbolized... it is something we haven't done in awhile...and how it related to every time we get close to something good, or something is within our reach, or as soon as I get excited about something, it doesn't turn out, or doesn't happen... and I am just tired of getting disappointed.  And I just felt like a sucker...b/c I allowed myself to be excited for something, and again...it didn't happen...and I really needed a little get away... but that's life I suppose, nothing I can do about it now...but at the time it was tough.

However, the weekend wasn't lost!  It was good, on Friday we had some friends over...and on Saturday the funniest thing happened! Matt and I went for a walk (that's not the funny part, but it could be :P )  We were walking around our neighborhood when this cute elderly Asian woman came up to us...and the first thing she said was something to the effect of, "Oh, your pants (gesturing to my hubby)... why don't you pull them down so I can spank you, I wanna spank you!" (we just kinda laughed...b/c we didn't know if she was right in the head...or what...it was so strange...she also had an umbrella that she was jabbing in our direction) she quickly smiled and laughed and so did we... and then she proceeded to ask us if we were married.  We said yes, and she immediately asked us why we didn't have children to which Matt replied, "That's what we were wondering too."  Then she told us we needed to get to it, and it was his job to get me pregnant...that night...and the next time she saw us walking around, I better be pregnant or else she really was going to spank his bottom! LOL
That was the most awkward and hilarious conversation I have ever had with a stranger...no, I think ever...most strange encounter ever!  But it kept us laughing, and as we were walking around the corner Matt says to me, "See, this is why I don't go outside...."

Why do all the crazy things happen to me/us? LOL

I did get some more scrap-booking done...and I got in contact with one of the Slovakian volunteers from World Youth Day... he has been married a little longer and I guess he and his wife have been struggling with infertility as well...  He was telling us that just as they were looking into adoption they found out they were finally pregnant and with twin boys no less!  Unfortunately they had to be born 3 months premature because the amniotic sac broke...and now as he puts it the babies are "more or less struggling to stay alive".... I really pray that God will give these twin boys the strength needed to survive and grow up to be happy and healthy children...His wife is doing well now, and she might get to come home from the hospital soon as well.   Here I am feeling sorry for myself and my struggles to get pregnant and they have gone through that and now have this new challenge ahead of them...I pray everything will be okay for the four of them.

This week I am subbing at the same school every day!  I'm so excited!  It should be a good one, although I haven't gotten the call for it yet, maybe it will come in the morning and rudely awaken me at 5am!  One can only hope eh?

Hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment