This year has been one for the books in term of births and deaths in our life...I know death is inevitable, but this year especially, I have become really aware at how close some people in my life are to the end of their lives...and I wish I had more time or money to spend with them. Then there are those deaths this year of people who were too young, and left this world all too quickly. Yesterday we lost one of those people.
A friend of Matt and my brother/sister-in-law passed away yesterday suddenly. The day before he was admitted into the hospital in critical condition and went directly into the OR. Something was wrong with his brain, he had an infection that caused his brain to bleed. The operation seemed to go ok, but they cautioned that his chances for survival was low, and if he did make it, was unsure how he would be be. About half way through the 4am hour yesterday, Jim passed away. He has two small boys and a wife. He loved his boys and was always so good with them. He helped coach my husband and his brother in workouts and boxing. In fact, Jim and his family had just moved back in the beginning of the summer to San Diego to be around family. No doubt a good decision in hindsight. To my brother in law and sister in law he was family. They are the godparents to Jim's kiddos. I can only imagine what his poor wife is going through. In a way, he helped my brother and sister in law get together, because they met while working for him. It just gets one thinking how precious and fragile life is.
In the same day, we got good news that one of Matt's coworkers and friend of our delivered a healthy baby girl! I'm so happy for her and baby Nora! It's definitely strange to go from the emotion of hearing of someone's death, to the elation and happiness that comes with knowing a new life has come into the world. My mom told me once that she noticed a pattern around her, that when a grandparent or great aunt/uncle or someone passed away, then the news of either pregnancy or a birth occurred. It's just strange to have the realization of the full circle of life hit you in one day.
Those are just some thoughts I had.
I have to get ready for my OB appointment- just mid cycle check up to see if my eggs are ready to "hatch" :)
Oh the joys of TTC-ing. One thing is for sure, we are going to be so happy and so blessed when we finally do get a bundle of joy all of our own- no matter if he/she comes from me or is adopted.
TTFN Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment