Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oh Lord give me strength!

It's been another tough week...but it's times like these I am so thankful that God has made me a strong woman.  Even right now when I am fighting off going crazy with my long list of things to do...I am making myself take time to write, because it's something that helps me stay calm, collected and cool...although I don't know how cool I am. :)

So last weekend we got to take care of my awesome niece and nephew!  Every time I see them I am constantly amazed by how much they have grown and how grown up they have become.  Sometimes my niece can drive me crazy when she doesn't answer me when I'm trying to correct her and when she doesn't realize she is being rude....I don't think she means too...it's just how she is, it's her "age"...on more than one occasion I found myself sounding like my mom when she would talk to me when I was a pre-teen/teenager.  "It's not what you say, it's how you say it."  I kept saying over and over... I kept trying to teach her that what she has to say is important, but you don't have to be rude or hurt someone's feelings by the way you say it... the hard thing for her especially is because my nephew is 3...and he's a smart, very bright and cute 3 yr old, but he does 3 yr old things....but my niece doesn't always have patience for that and sometimes can get short with him when he accidently bumps into her while she is drawing or makes weird noises and doesn't stop after the first 5 times of asking him to stop...he's all boy and he's a 3 yr old and a younger brother...he's doing what he's supposed to. :)
But they really are great kiddos, very well mannered, and are so self sufficient, I kept trying to find ways that I could help them... LOL...My niece finally likes to sit down and learn new games and we played a lot, and I mean A LOT of  UNO this weekend...I love UNO!

So what does this have to do with the strength God gave me?  Nothing much...the hard part wasn't taking care of the kiddos...the hard part was being sick and doing house work and taking care of a sick husband...  This week has also bee jammed back with I dunno...all I know is that after 10pm tomorrow night my week will finally be over and I will be enjoying a 2 hour spa treatment on Monday! *I love gift certificates*

This week I worked every day (except Monday) teaching, last night I was part of a holiday shopping fair where consultants from a bunch of different companies came...too bad no customers came... one of the fellow consultants bought $2.75 worth of stuff from me LOL...but I spent so much time stressing out about the display and making my recipe sample and getting stuck in traffic for an hour when it should've taken me 20 min to get there...but it was good exposure...and tomorrow night I have another show, my launch party...

Oh...did I not mention that I started my own business as a Pampered Chef consultant?  I may have, I can't remember...honestly my brain is mush right now...to prove my point, I showed up at my sub job today wearing two different pairs of shoes...totally embarrassing, hopefully no one noticed.  So in order to help my family out, I have joined my aunt's Pampered Chef team... It's been tough finding people to book shows...especially during this holiday time... I have to have at least 6 shows by Dec. 15th...and I'm scared I won't make it.  I'm not quite sure what the "penalty" will be...but I can't afford it if there is one.  I already have a show booked for January and interest from several others for January...which is great! It just won't help with bills now and getting the numbers I need.  I really am hoping people will want to book a show with me tomorrow at my open house/launch party.

So yea, I've added more to my plate and probably have shot myself in the foot, but it's needed if I can get the bookings...it will help my family out a lot and I don't have to give up teaching, which is the big thing.

As far as baby stuff...I got the shot and am all ready to go, but now Matt is sick...he has Pneumonia and it's "go time"...and well...that won't be happening...I will have to stay patient.

Hope y'all are doing well...and I hope I have the strength to get this house whipped into shape for tomorrow night and not be dead tired for the kiddos tomorrow!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment