Not so much... On the way to a sub job Friday morning my car decided to jerk...it was fighting so hard to not shut off... Each intersection I had to stop at a light was a little bit terrifying to me... but the worst was a 4 way stop intersection with crossing guards! I thought for sure that my car was going to die, and I quickly panicked as I entertained visions of me getting out and pushing my car across the intersection. Luckily that did not happen and I offered up a quick prayer and made a deal with my car that if it lasted about 2 more minutes I would pull into a gas station and turn it off... It turns out my car is a nice car, and she held out long enough to do just that. First I had to call the school I was subbing and to let them know what happened and that I would be late (thank God they know me well, and it was the school I did my student teaching at)... Next on the agenda...call my dad, oh did I mention that the car was smoking? The water levels were fine, so I didn't know what was going on. Luckily my dad was home and he came to the rescue...he brought me to school (which was just down the road from where I pulled over)... The principal and the office manager were out greeting kids as they arrived at school and my dad, in his big honkin' F250 diesel truck pulls up behind all the cars in line dropping off their kids...dwarfing them severely. Needless to say the principal and office manager were getting a kick out of me being dropped off at school by my dad and were laughing as I jumped out of the cab of the truck. After much worrying during school, I was happy to receive a call from my dad saying that all the car needed was so more oil and some tranny fluid...and all has been well every since! But all that car drama made the day pass by really quick.
Friday night Matt, mom and I went out to have dinner... Saturday I was spoiled some more by being taken out to eat for brunch...and later on I had a get together with some friends and we went to this awesome Japanese steakhouse. Then we ended the night listening to a live band a a bar and dancing and having a couple of drinks before heading home for the evening... When we got home we popped in a movie and I promptly fell asleep off and on during it...sigh...I used to be able to stay up past 2am without a problem...when did I get so old? oh yea, I've been working a lot and have had a lot of stress...I guess that mildly explains it LOL.
Well, until next time!
After this happened to me once (and only once - I know what you mean about it being terrifying!), I had Steve teach me about car maintenance. It might make a fun mini-date for you and Matt for him to run through how and when to check your fluid levels (water, coolant, oil, transmission, brake, anti-freeze, windshield wiper). I can't tell you how many times it has saved my butt as a mom!
ReplyDelete