Then, I had to head out to get my expensive Ovidrel shot for my dr's appointment in case they wanted to administer it to me. I had found a coupon for 50% off and I went back to print it out and it went up to 75% off! So I was able to use that coupon to get the shot and they weren't able to access my insurance, so with the coupon the shot cost $89, instead of $105.00 with the insurance. The icing on the cake is that I get to then send the receipt in and I will get refunded that $89! Life is awesome...
The good news just continued coming as I found a parking spot where I didn't have to pay at the hospital today (that was where my appointment was)... then while at my appointment I was telling my doctor that I had been feeling some "twinges" in my left ovary... (this was the ovary that had an egg that was 1.1cm on Wednesday, and the dr. wanted it to be bigger before administering the Ovidrel shot)... and I was right, those "twinges" were from the egg developing and growing because the egg was now over 2 cm big! So I was given the shot which means (hopefully) a follicle will release an egg in 36 hrs (Sunday) and it will become fertilized and we will all be on our way with baby....
Well, sorta next Friday I have to go in and get a blood test for my progesterone levels. I asked my doc if my levels were high if that automatically meant I was pregnant. Answer was no...she also said that I could be doing this Clomid/Ovidrel/Progesterone thing for up to 6 months before my cycle gets "re-established" and that only about 20% of people get pregnant during this time of "re-setting" my system... I'm hoping that we can be part of the 20% that gets pregnant... that would be nice. I'm praying that we will conceive here in the next week, if it is God's will.
I also picked up some books on pregnancy at the library... I found a really unique one called Big, Beautiful and Pregnant by Cornelia Van Der Zeil and Jacqueline Tourville. It's 'Expert Advice and Comforting wisdom for th expectant plus size woman'... It's cool b/c it is the only pregnancy book I have run across that is for Plus size women. It also has a great section on PCOS and how to cope with it. There are also commentaries and questions by real women and success stories. I'm really enjoying it right now. This particular book was written in 2006, I'm going to see if there is a newer copy and maybe buy it.
All in all was a good day. I'm grateful for the day I had, I was even surprised with a cup of my favorite coffee by one of my friends. But it is now late, and I have to be up at 7am tomorrow because I am going to a regional training for youth group. It should be fun, I can't wait for what tomorrow has in store for me!
Till then, Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment