Today I am very tired. It's not as though I didn't get much sleep last night, I got at least 7.5 hrs... The day before was exhausting because I had a full day of teaching without any specialist break (where the kid's go to music, PE, library or art)...but all in all it was a great day. I was ready to fall asleep by 8pm, but I held out so I could watch America's Got Talent and Parenthood (love that show!).
I feel like I am coming down with something. I've been sneezing off and on for a couple of days, and my nose was a little runny last night/this morning. I've also felt queasy (don't worry I'm not equating this to pregnancy or anything...too soon for that anyways)...hopefully it goes away soon. I have a full day of teaching tomorrow and Friday as well.
In pregnancy information ****this is my disclaimer... if you get squeamish about details and TMI, consider yourself warned.... ******
I am afraid that I still am not ovulating. I received the shot last Friday afternoon and it was supposed to release my egg within 36 hours. My temperature went up a little bit, but this morning it went back down. I also don't have any of the true "mucus" signs. I have never experience "egg white mucus", although I have experienced kinda stretchy mucus, but not recently, and it wasn't clear. I have been wet, which is a pre-cursor sign to ovulation...but I still have no idea what I'm looking for...or if I can even depend on these signs. I wonder this because the medications I am taking are chemically altering my system so that it has a full cycle. My body can't do what it's supposed to do on it's own, so would that mean that even the cervical mucus wouldn't match up? All these questions are floating around in my head, I swear I'm a total stress case... I want a baby, and yet I still need to stop and remind myself that it's all in due time and it's God's will be done, not mine. Only He knows when the time will be right, and if I am not supposed to have children, then I have to accept that as well. Adoption is always an option, and it is also one I look favorably upon.
As far as "symptoms" I'm experiencing... I know it's too soon, but I do feel some twinges down there, and have been more tired recently. I wonder how quickly one is affected by pregnancy... is it after the egg has embedded itself in my uterus? I also read that the uterus begins to expand immediately, does this mean at conception? or does this mean once it is embedded as well? I also feel sore in my uterus, but I've been exercising and using some of those muscles in the abs as well. Friday is my blood draw, which means Monday or Tuesday I will find out if my progesterone levels went higher to indicate ovulation. Why does all this take so long?! heehee
**** Ok, back to non-baby stuff...******
Tomorrow the Seattle Archdiocese will hold a press conference to name the new Archbishop to succeed Archbishop Alex Burnett. I am anxious to see the new direction and leadership this diocese will have. He will have big shoes to fill and a tough job ahead of him; the Northwest and Seattle in particular is very diverse, even within the Catholic faith. This new Archbishop will also be responsible for helping to induct the new Latin Rite mass which will be put in place beginning next year. Very interesting in deed :)
While we are on the subject of Catholic happenings, tonight I am going to a two hour talk about the Theology of the Body. It was something I was privileged to study at WWU with peers, and it is something that not many people know about. It was written in the late 60's/early 70's I believe before Pope JP II was even pope. I'm excited to see people's reaction at the talk tonight. Should be great fun! :)
In other news, Matt and I will hopefully be getting a sectional couch soon! yay! can't wait! :)
This is the one we like so far, and it would come with a mating ottoman as well

Till next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment