Yesterday's Pampered Chef Party went pretty well. We had some good food and great conversation. It is always good to be able to catch up with my aunt. After people left, Matt and I headed down to Bellevue to buy a cooling pad for his lap top...and we ate dinner at Applebees...BTW, I hadn't eaten there in a year...I was surprised at how their menu changed. Afterwards my mom came up and we watched a couple of movies.The evening was finished up by me falling asleep while Matt read some of Pride and Prejudice to me. All in all it was a good day. Then... this morning happened...
At 6:50am my mom called me to tell me that my grandma was yet again on her way to the hospital; her arm had gone numb again. We arrived at the ER around 7:30am (way too early on a Sunday, and half asleep). It seemed as if we waited all day just for the results for one cat scan, every time the nurse came in she would tell us, "you should get the results in about 15 minutes." 4 hours later, we had the results and they weren't good. Her carotid artery was 80% blocked and so they are keeping her in for another couple of days, and will do surgery on that artery tomorrow morning. The doctor also told her that he thinks she might not make it if her arm went numb again... very scary stuff! Basically she is having mini strokes as well when this happens. They will also put a shunt in tomorrow to keep the artery open...I hope everything goes well. I am worried about her. She kept talking about her funeral and what she wanted and I know it is important to talk about, but it really bugs me... After a very long and tiring day, I came back home to my darling hubby and went straight to bed for a few hours.
Anyways, I just wanted to update people on what was going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment