I did get some planning done for youth group. Matt and I are youth group leaders for our teens at our parish...and we have a very unique situation when it comes to the teens and our parish. There isn't a whole lot of parent support/follow through, and we have limited space (our parish doesn't have a church, but is building one starting in May I believe) and we are at a Trucking school..which is awesome...but there's no place for the kids to go and run to play games, or place to come and hang out. We are trying to do Life Teen, which is a great program- but it doesn't work for our parish because of the space and lack of technology needed and support from the community/parents. We put so much (usually) into planning these nights and it just gets disappointing when only 2 teens show up from h.s. and the rest are middle schoolers; and there are only about 5-8 of them. We don't want it to be a "school" lesson for them, but a chance for them to grow in their faith and be excited about it; but even getting them to talk or give suggestions about what they want to learn/talk about is a battle in and of itself. So I have been trying to come up with ideas, I looked online all day to put together a couple of nights that I am hoping my fellow youth leaders will be interested in. I just kinda feel like there is a general lack of enthusiasm all around; not that we don't want the program to work...but the time constraints for some make it so they can't come to planning meetings or life nights. I also made calendars to help with people to know when we are meeting and when life nights are in hopes that it will be better communicated.
Anyways I will be heading to go pick Matt up soon and then off to our planning meeting. Hope all are well! God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment