Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Day in Orlando

Woke up at 3am in Kirkland. Father in law gave us ride to airport. No problems with checking in or the flight.

Arrived in Orlando, collected baggage and made way to Thrifty for our rental car. 7 months ago Beth reserved the car for us. No problems. Guy at the counter kept trying to add many, many extra things to the account that I didn't need. Our bill, which was to be 290 for the week, with gas crept to $675. Told him know, I did not approve. Made him go back and change it.

I authorized $290. Get to hotel and see email from chase showing that $675 was taken from my account. Jerk.

Called Thrifty. They transferred me to another division. They couldn't help, tried to tell me it was my fault. After a few minutes of me explaining how the CSD rep was wrong, he told me *I* would have to call his supervisor on Monday, at 9am, to get satisfaction.

I dislike Thrifty. Very much.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is NOT okay! I'm so sorry that your trip started off that way... here's to a much better middle and end to it!

    (My car rental recommendation is Avis. They've never screwed with me, and even went so far as to provide us with a free tank of gas when they noticed how cranky Bruce was when we got to the Orlando Airport.)

    ReplyDelete