The title of this Blog is for two reasons... one, I will be in the Florida Sun in 5 days! I cannot wait for my vacation to start! It is so needed, I cannot even tell you how much! :)
The second reason this is that this week will be very hard because a cat that I have had since I was 11 years old (she is now my mom's) will more than likely be put to sleep. Her name is Sunshine, or Sunni for short. A couple of years ago we took her to the vet and the vet told us that she had the beginning of kidney failure. She's always been a small kitty, but in the past year or so she's lost all of her weight and only weighs about 2 or 3lbs now... she's about as heavy as a kitten. On Saturday night my mom called me downstairs to let me know that she couldn't walk anymore and had to be held up to go to the restroom or eat... her will was there, and Sunni was visibly frustrated with her body not doing what she wanted it to do. The next day she was found on the floor, she had hobbled to the hallway and was laying down. She was eating like a cow, and she ate like 4 cans of cat food right in a row. Today she was walking, albeit still with much labor... It's really hard for my mom because while I was away at college and after I got married, Sunni has been my mom's companion and would be very lonely. It really is affecting her, so much so that she wants to try and see if she can survive a little while longer. I really feel like she needs to be put down, she is 16 and has had a good life. I hate knowing she won't be around; but like Matt always says, "Pets are a tragedy waiting to happen." Death is a part of life.
But in the midst of all the pain, some really good things have happened to us lately. I can't really talk about them, but I am very thankful and Matt and I are truly blessed. We were before the good things too, but it's nice to have a break once and awhile.
I have so much to do before our trip; but for some strange reason I'm not stressed out about it... things are just working out! Plus I get to see my niece in her Christmas Pageant on Wednesday! I'm so excited!
Ok, that's it for now with "regular life stuff" the next post will be a TMI on baby stuff. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment